Destiny Beta

I'll have the spam, spam, eggs and spam!

Destiny Beta

Postby Wes » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:21 pm

Now that the Destiny beta is over, lets share some opinions!

1. - On a scale of 1-10, the beta was a _____.
2. - What are some of the pros and cons of the beta?
3. - Favorite and least favorite thing in the beta.
4.- I think the full game will be _______.
5.- Other discussion points.
I relinquish my title of "Person with the most amount of long post on the boards" to Crash.

Despite what Reb says, my name does not end with a "T"...
Wes

Re: Destiny Beta

Postby Wes » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:36 pm

1. - 7.5/10
2. - Pros: The free roam felt very large even with some of the side areas blocked off. The world looked very nice. The weapon mechanics felt smooth, especially the snipers. Nice UI and HUD.

Cons: Enemies the same level as you were basically cannon fodder. They had to be at least two levels higher to even be a threat. Im not sure if I like the grenade system in the game. I wont say hate, but I dislike the radar. Loot drops were "whites" 95% of the time. Although, I do expect this to change in the higher levels.

3.- Favorite: CoD style ADS with Halo snipers.
Least Favorite: Those load times! Also, as mentioned, the radar.

4. - I think the full game will be pretty fricken sweet. I can see a lot of people playing a long time on this.

5. - I dont know if its just the servers being pounded or something, but the PvP connections started getting really bad lag. On the other hand, the Fireteam worked nicely and I had some good times playing that. I really like the MMO elements they're trying to implement.
I relinquish my title of "Person with the most amount of long post on the boards" to Crash.

Despite what Reb says, my name does not end with a "T"...
Wes

Postby RollSomeFace » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:26 pm

1. - On a scale of 1-10, the beta was a? - 8

Pro: The world load times were really well and looked fantastic at the same time, gameplay was really solid and didn't really feel too far off of a Halo game. The guns felt really nice and actually did what they were supposed to do (ex. Shotguns needed to be extremely close range to be effective and Snipers weren't effective at short range.. most of the time >.>) Radar felt pretty good when you got used to it, and bungie changed it up from what they're used to in Halo games. Matchmaking was a lot of fun and had an interesting balancing system to it which I actually really liked.

Con: Going to agree with Wes as far as the enemies go, they felt a bit too weak when they were same level and that just isn't fun when there is no challenge to be had. Also agreeing with the loot as well. NEED MOAR LEWT! Load times were kind of shit and their servers seemed to drop people A LOT. ONLY 3 MAN FIRETEAMS?!?! WTF!

I'd have to say that my favorite thing about the beta was the fact that the Multiplayer and Singleplayer were pretty much the same thing. So I can take my own guns/armor into Multiplayer and kick some ass in style!

Least favorite thing would have to be the fact that enemies just respawn in the same area with no change. They're always the same type of enemy and same level.

4.- I think the full game will be really interesting without all the limitations that the beta had, it'll be fun to max out a character and just go apeshit with them in the open world and in PvP

5.- Other discussion points. Can't think of any :p
Anybody interested in some Jager Meifter? ;D
RollSomeFace
Bertmern

Postby JokeMeister » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:39 pm

1. - On a scale of 1-10, the beta was a 8.

Pros
They successfully balanced a multiplayer without imposing loadouts.
Really awesome blend of mmo skill trees and something you can manage from a console interface.
The world was designed in a way that first person didn't seem to make your vision narrow.

Cons

The little bit of story we saw didn't really pull me in to the universe, at least the stuff shown in the missions themselves. The opening cut scenes were awesome . I'm hoping for that level of story telling throughout the entire single player game.
Also hoping for a larger scale strike mission that will allow for larger squads.

The classes were actually different and felt powerful in their own respects without being OP.

Explosive radius's ignored objects. aka you could be blown up by the devil walker through a solid wall.

4.- I think the full game will be an expanded and flushed out version of what we've already seen which sounds good to me.

More common power weapon ammo drops would not go amiss on vehicle heavy maps like moon.
JokeMeister
Site Admin

Postby imdabr » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:52 pm

1. - On a scale of 1-10, the beta was a _____.

Pro: I like the feel of the game, and the weapons were pretty well balanced it seemed. I like the look of the maps and they seem to show a lot of promise. I think that the team put a lot of time into the creation, and although the story doesn't show much now I believe that it'll progress pretty well. The classes are really neat, and I believe each has its own unique use it seems.

Cons: you can be dropped into opposite teams than your friends you went into the crucible with. While not to bad, its a little obnoxious. The interceptor is OP right now, but they are working on it.

Favorite: I love the three classes and the depth you will be able to go into them with.

Least: Im not a huge fan off the load times between things and the obnoxiously long holding of "y".

4.- I think the full game will be _______.
an expanded and flushed out version of what we've already seen which sounds good to me. Sorry peter but you took the words right out of my mouth

I hope that a decent ranking system is in place, because you all know I love the competition side of things.
I am really looking forward to progressing the classes.
I hope ship customization is greater.
imdabr

Return to Spam