RnR’s Second 1v1 Tournament

For those looking for some friendly competition or just a nice get together

Postby JokeMeister » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:32 am

Date: October 26th, 6:30 p.m. Eastern

Hello everyone! With this, we have announced our second 1v1 tournament! However this tournament isn’t for anything tangible, but is instead worth pride! It is going to be a best of 3 format, meaning you must win 2 games each match to move on.

We do not have a set number of entries so as many people can join as you want, but we will need to know before the tournament, no latecomers!

The tournament will be single elimination so give it your best! Nothing has been set in stone on how we will determine seeds for the bracket, but I assure you it’ll be something fun, might not have anything to do with killing but everyone needs a bit of luck to succeed!

The gametype we will be using is a variant of the GB v4 slayer, our changes will be the time being knocked down to 12 minutes and the number of kills for a victory being 15.

We have picked out 5 maps that will be used for the tournament, so please download them before the start of the tournament. The maps can be found in RollSomeFace’s fileshare here: http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/playe ... artIndex=0

Please download the following maps:
GB v4 Simplex
Templar
Unity 1v1 Rail
Xiphos
Noro

Now get some practice in before the tournament and have fun! If you are interested in signing up then post in the comments below or let either Rollsomeface or Sir Novalot know that you want to play! We will be running this tournament in the spirit of RnR’s code of conduct, which can be found here: http://risenrespect.net/code-of-conduct/

People Participating:
RollSomeFace
Sir Novalot
RnR Jokemeister
zzSOzz
RnR Ms7rVicious
Im Da BR
shadowfox11792 (Possible no-show)
OcR Ranger
Carbon
OcR Yost
Dont Ask Us Who
YAAAAAAAATES
JokeMeister
Site Admin

Re: RnR’s Second 1v1 Tournament

Postby Crash » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:07 am

Will there be spectator boxes in the maps?
117 isn't a video game to me. It's a reason, It's a reflection of how every person can be. 117 isn't a video game icon to me. It's a determination, a marker of values that we all have and do not use.
117 isn't fake to me...it IS me.
Crash
Leader of Awesome

Postby RollSomeFace » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:05 am

I hadn't planned on it, and I'd really like you to take part in the Tournament, but if you really won't I might put some Spectator boxes in the maps.

Like I said though, you really should take part in the fun, Andrew!
Anybody interested in some Jager Meifter? ;D
RollSomeFace
Bertmern

Postby Wes » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:24 pm

Consider this my tentative entry. We'll see if I remember it.
I relinquish my title of "Person with the most amount of long post on the boards" to Crash.

Despite what Reb says, my name does not end with a "T"...
Wes

Postby RollSomeFace » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:00 pm

Just added you to the list good sir.
RollSomeFace
Bertmern

Postby Nova » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:19 pm

Got some interesting things in motion for the setting of seeds process, muwahahahahaha
Nova

Postby RollSomeFace » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:22 pm

We have decided against Paintball for the seeds, Matt.. It's not a reliable way to determine seeds..
RollSomeFace
Bertmern

Postby Wes » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:18 pm

Tom, it doesn't really matter how seeds are chosen because its a "fun" tournament. Matt could basically use the random seed generator like he has in the past. Having a fun way of choosing the seeds could help to make it a little more entertaining though.
I relinquish my title of "Person with the most amount of long post on the boards" to Crash.

Despite what Reb says, my name does not end with a "T"...
Wes

Postby Crash » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:48 pm

Spectator boxes don't have to be there simply for people that don't want to play. When someone is waiting on their match to start they could watch someone else' game.That would be nice I think. I can help build them.
117 isn't a video game to me. It's a reason, It's a reflection of how every person can be. 117 isn't a video game icon to me. It's a determination, a marker of values that we all have and do not use.
117 isn't fake to me...it IS me.
Crash
Leader of Awesome

Postby ShadowFox11792 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:41 pm

Just wanted to mention that i could possibly be a no show to the tournament. I really wanna participate but shit happens to come up on me at the last minute a lot of times. I'll let someone know if i can be on if it does happen.
ShadowFox11792

Next

Return to Event Co-ordination